This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] machform and wordpress

1. kevtrout

First of all-THANKYOU.
    Second: I have an office intranet. I want to use machform to enter contact information into the mysql database for that intranet. I know I can embed the form code on a wordpress page, and submit the data to tables in the wordpress database. Any advice for getting a wordpress search to return the results of the entire table row where the search term occurs? Example; search for joe santiago, and get all his contact info displayed in a post? It would also be smart for any edits from that post to update the original table.

Possible?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Kevin,

It has been few years since I wrote my last WordPress plugin, so I'm not really sure about current WordPress inner working. However, I'm pretty much sure it won't changed that much.

It is possible to get results from machform tables within wordpress search. All you need to do is to connect to machform database and query the appropriate table (ap_form_XXX).

You'll need to learn a bit about writing WordPress plugin though. Write a plugin which hook on the search function and plug this functionality there.

I suggest to post some question into their forum. I think they also have a good documentation regarding this.

Hope that helps.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. kevtrout

thanks for the advice. It is a bear to get this done. The documentation for wordpress is lacking in the area of search modification. I can't believe someone hasn't figured this out yet. At least figured it out then wrote about it. I posted the question on the wordpress forums. We'll see what happens.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.