This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Machform does not work with Canvas HTML5 template

1. rconring

I recently found a great bootstrap based HTML5 template system which is the easiest one to customize I have found and is packed with great features. Problem is, I cannot get Machform forms to embed. It has to be a javascript conflict somewhere because I can disable page transitions and it will display and work but then the menu system doesn't work. I am curious if anyone else has used this template system and made forms work.
    http://themeforest.net/item/canvas-the-multipurpose-html5-template/9228123
    BTW, this is Machform version 3.4. Does latest version deal with conflicts better?
    This is the first responsive template that I have used that does not like Machform ... I am desperate to get it resolved since, as I mentioned, it is going to be what I use going forward.
    Help!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. celsiusmarketing

Sounds like jquery conflict. Are you using the javascript embed method? If so, check your console to see what javascript errors are producing. I would remove the jquery.js file from the embed code.

Also, if the theme is loading jquery in the footer of the site, you'll need to include the javascript files below jquery or they will cause form error.

Can you provide link to your live site?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. rconring

OK, I usually use the PHP version but tried the javascript version and determined that it was a jquery conflict. The Canvas jquery was already loaded so when I removed the .js from the embed code, it started working. I am wondering how I can make the PHP embed code work. I don't suppose it makes any difference as long as I can use variables from the CMS database to fill some fields. I will do some experimentation.
    Thanks for your help!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic