This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Machform Future Feature Suggestion.

1. Steve1951

I have a request for a new feature in a future version of Machform. In many of my forms for clubs I will have a primary member and an associate member. The associate member is optional. On the form I will have the question "Will an associate member be joining also?". If the answer is yes, then fields for name, phone number, date of birth, preferences and etc are displayed and are mandatory. If the answer is no, then those fields are hidden. The problem is, if I have 6 fields for the associate member, then I need to have 6 logic statements to display or not display those 6 fields. If, when adding or editing the 6 fields, I could add a common tag to those fields (such as an associate tag) then I would need only one logic statement. An example would be:

If tag = associate, then display the field (in this case, display 6 fields).

This would be a welcome enhancement in a future version.

Thanks,
    Steve

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

Yes, there really needs to be some way to group fields to simplify setting up conditional fields in forms. It doesn't necessarily need to work with tags, as described above, but improvement is certainly needed for cases where you want to show or hide several fields together, but would prefer not to or can not place them all on their own page.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. agdm619

I agree with the idea of a tag or grouping logic together. This would be extremely helpful for us because most of our logic is quite detailed and very time consuming to build and to edit. Grouping or tagging would be quite nice.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. budapestguide

Agree, we would need it too.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. sunriseal

Add me to the list... it is needed here as well

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic