This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

mail error

1. thomasmagee

I followed the upgrade instructions and I am getting the following error when trying to add/update an email address to a form:

Query failed: Out of range value adjusted for column 'esl_plain_text' at row 1

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

What version is your MySQL? Is it version 5?

It seems that your MySQL is running under Strict Mode, which caused this error.
    Strict mode might also affect another script.

Is it possible for you to turn off Strict Mode?
    Open your "my.ini" file within the MySQL installation directory (eg: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini), and look for the text "sql-mode".
    Find:

# Set the SQL mode to strict
    sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Replace with:

# Set the SQL mode to strict
    sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Windows users can also simply uncheck the "Enable Strict Mode" option while going through the pages of "MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard".

If that's not possible. Login to customer area and redownload the new package again.
    Update your email_settings.php file. I've included a fix to overcome this issue.

However, if possible, try to turn off strict mode. I think it's the better solution.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. thomasmagee

It appears to correct itself when I check the box to 'Send emails in simple text format' If that box is left unchecked I get the original error.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Have you tried the above solution?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic