This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Making Payment (Stripe) Required Before Submission

1. splatman5000

I would like to make the payment section required to be completed BEFORE the entire form is submitted. I do not know a lot of coding outside of html.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm afraid it won't be possible to do so. Basically all the entries are being saved immediately and the payment status is being set to "unpaid". Once the payment being completed, the status will be changed to "paid".

You can also delay all email notifications, so that no email will be sent (either to you or the user) until the payment has been completed.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. donaldcummins

I had the same question, and this answers it. As an alternative, is there any way to have one form to process payment only, after which the user will be redirected to a second form to submit additional data? In my situation, the service I am offering requires the collection of demographic data, but I want to collect it after payment. So is there a way to do the first form, and somehow link the db record(s) created with the first payment form to the db record(s) created with the second form? Thank you!

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

I'm afraid there is no way to link the data between forms. Sorry :(

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic