This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Matrix field label not present in email

1. Giorgio

Hi

I've noticed that the email that is sent when a form is submitted does not contain field labels in case of Matrix field. This is not very good because in the email you read only the options (for ex. good, average, poor, bad) but who reads the email doesn't know to which question these options refer to. How can the Matrix field label be added on top of the options in the email? Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

At this moment, the matrix field doesn't include the main label within the email indeed. Sorry for this.
    We have this on our improvement list.

A workaround for this situation is by modifying the email content using the template variables and manually insert the matrix field label there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. jlathrop

Is there a way to display the matrix in the email manually like it does when you use {entry_data}?

in other words... I want the structured email layout of the matrix (only display values provided) but I dont want to use {entry_data} so that I can customize the email with different elements.

Dear {element_1},

We have received a total of {element_2} ticket requests for {element_4} at {element_7}. Please note the following details per your request.

{element_11} <-- This is the structured matrix layout you get with using the full entry_data option, but I dont want to manually enter each element for the matrix here......

and on with the email.....

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic