This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Merge two forms : School Registraton Form

1. sndfx69

Hi All,

I did a search on the forums but could not find an answer to my issue.

I'm building a registration form for a school, and the form is in two parts :

Part (1): The parents fill their information( Name, location, home number, etc.)
    Part (2): The parents then enter their children details (Name, DOB, grade, etc.)

I want the parents to enter their information and move to another form and enter their children details.

Creating two forms is easy, and redirecting form#1 to form#2 is easy, the problem is how can I can link the information in form#1 to form#2.

If each parents had one child life would have been easy for me; but some parents have 3-6 children.

Any solution is welcomed.

Your assistance is appreciated.

:)

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Machform doesn't yet support multi-page forms (that is a feature coming in Version 3 of Machform I believe. Multi-page form is what you probably want).

As it stands now, each form would be separate and unrelated to the next if you use separate forms in the way you describe.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. convertingform

AMurray,

Any estimates on when Version 3 will be out?

Machform appears to have both the usability and functionality except for one key feature - multi-page forms.

Anyway to bootstrap it? .... two separate forms linked together/passing info from form1 to form2 in the url? would this sacrafice any key features or degrade user experience?

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

Sorry, I'm just a user like yourself.

However, you should note the top-most sticky posts on this forum - Ver 3 Beta is just about out, and Yuniar is calling for Expressions of Interest for the beta testing (scheduled for Feb 2012), so if you want to participate, just reply to that post.

Multipage forms is a major feature of ver 3 (check out the videos and screenshots):

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/official-version-3-beta-new-features-coming?replies=18

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic