This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Merge Instances/DB

1. jscott02

We have a lot of instances, and I would like to merge them into fewer, if possible.

Is there a way to merge already existing instances into one master instance?

If not the files themselves, if there a way to merge existing db into a master db? My guess is using table prefix, but not sure how to do that with existing instances/db.

Either would help with management.

The ideal scenario would be similar to a Wordpress multisite where we have super-admins that see everything, and separate site/instances for regular admins.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I don't think it works the same way (or to the same extent) as multi-site Wordpress, but if by the term "instance" you mean installation, then yes, you can merge each in to one database and manage all the forms from one "Admin" back end.

It's not necessary to have MF installed on separate websites, because it allows you to simply embed the forms (by way of the embed code script), therefore avoiding the need for multiple installations.

Also, depending on the licence, you can have multiple admin users, assigned to particular forms (or functions, such as viewing entries, or creating forms or full admin control including creating/adding/editing themes and so on.)

I would seek further advice from Appnitro directly - contact them through their email (in footer of this forum page).

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. jscott02

Thanks AMurray

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic