This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Middle Name

1. mmartucci

Is there a way to add "Middle Name" to the name field?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Sorry, I'm afraid MachForm doesn't have that feature.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. SevenHunters

Every form I create needs a middle name included. :(

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. dpimatrix

I have this problem as well. It is rather a security problem (The ability to ID the customer more accurately than it is cosmetic. This is a needed field.)

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

I can think of two work-arounds for this:

Instruct the user to include both first & second names in the "first name" field, and their surname in the last name field. (just include the instruction in the "Guidelines for User" feature). This is the easiest method.

Another way would be to create three fields manually for the three names (going on the assumption that most people have only one middle name) and use CSS to line them up on the same line (using the tips previously answered in this forum regarding radio buttons/checkboxes; but the principle is the same for lining up the fields on one line.

Hope this helps, and makes sense.

[edit: the first way won't really work if you intend to use the data e.g. in a form letter, (or particularly in the auto-response email) since the "first name" will contain first and middle names, and will read as "Dear James Tiberius" in stead of "Dear James" ]

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. canton

Bump. Would be great to have four options for name fields,

Normal (f,l)
    Normal 2 (f, m, l)
    Extended (title, f, l, suf)
    Extended 2 (title, f, m, l, suf)

or something like that. In the meantime I'll try to figure out how to float single line fields next to each other...

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic