This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Move form software to new host

1. brenwa

HI

I am changing to a different host & need to move the software to the new hosting account (same domain)
    I dont see any info on how to do that... please explain or post a link to the instructions
    thanks

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. brenwa

anyone?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. novgrp

I would assume you could do a export of the database ... import database on new server. Download all files (change the config file if there are any username or password changes). Upload to new host and make sure the data folder is set to 755 (some hosts require 777, but try to stick with 755 if it works). Voila :)

Dan

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. brenwa

HI

I figured it out over the weekend... took MANY failed tries.....

What you are suggest sounds logical... but there is an issue exporting the entire database...... for anyone else needing to do this... you have to export the database tables only.

Every host I have ever used has a slightly different setup for database naming (mysql), and you cant easily export a database then import it to a different host... because the name inside the database itself cant be easily changed... you can however create the new database... at the new host

then export only the tables of the old database .. then import them into the new one... make the changes on your config file and upload the form software to the new host...

job done

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. ranasha

Brilliant, thank you for posting this Brenwa! You just saved me a ton of "trial and errors"!!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic