This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Moving form data / SQL the correct way.

1. adeyf

Could someone please put a concise way of moving an individual form from one install to another. There seem to be a few posts with bits and pieces but nothing concrete in terms of the order in which things should happen.

I am familiar with phpmyadmin and the moving of files via ssh / ftp or whatever else would potentially be needed. I happen to have designed a form on a site that uses a single license under my name. I have now purchased an unlimited license and recently bought another domain to test it out on. IT would be such a shame to have to loose the time spent designing it on the other site. Copying the files would be a much netter solution. I'm sure a concise answer would help many potential and current users.

Help would be appreciated thanks.

Regards

Adrian

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. apitel

I second this request. Moving sites with Machform has always been very trying for me. Looking forward to a little insight.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Here are steps to move your machform from one site to another. Let say you would like to move from A.com to B.com

1) Login to A.com using FTP or SSH or File Manager (whichever you prefer) and download your machform folder (containing all the files) to your computer.

2) Login to A.com using phpMyAdmin and go to your machform database. Find the option to Export your machform database to an SQL file. Save the SQL file into your computer. Let say you have it saved using the name "machform.sql"

3) Login to B.com using FTP or SSH or File Manager, and then upload your machform files from step #1 above.

4) Login to B.com using phpMyAdmin, create a NEW empty database for your machform. And then find the "Import" menu and import the "machform.sql" file from step 2 above.

5) Edit the config.php file on B.com, make sure to adjust the database settings to reflect the new settings on your new site.

and that's it. Your machform should be transferred now.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. adeyf

Thanks but that is the entire form db and contents. Please see below.

> moving an individual form from one install to another.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Ah... sorry for that. I thought you were referring to the entire machform.

Unfortunately, it won't be quite simple to move one form to another, since it would involve filtering data from the table and other stuff to make sure there is no conflict. We're looking forward to add functionality to let you easily export/import form between machform.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Saghalie
    Pro Member

As a work around, you could do all of the above and before you transfer it, you could delete all the forms you don't want transferred. I lot more work, but you'll get what you want.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic