This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Multipage form will not continue to next page

1. jmccord

I have a PHP embeded form. It's quite large and spans four pages. It works fine on Chrome on OSX and Chrome on Windows, but in IE on Windows it will not continue to page 2. It just resets the page, and you lose all your data (it goes blank). Is this a common problem? Am I doing something wrong? Also, the page is SSL.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

On the page where you embed the form, try to add this code below into line 1, before any other code:

<?php session_start(); ?>

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. jmccord

This fixed it! Thank you very much!
    Any idea why that's browser specific? I didn't expect that at all.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

This is related with session cookies. I think different browsers has different defaults and the above code somehow forced all the browsers to behave the same.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. christic

I know this answer was 2 years ago, but I am getting same issue all of the sudden, did not fix it if I am doing it right? Any help would be grateful.

Clarence

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. got2know

Hi,

This may be a related issue.

I just installed 4.2 and am having issues with multi page form. The form usually does not continue to the 2nd page, just stays on the first page when I hit the Continue button.

This is an issue using the PHP Code Embed. It seems to work consistently well with the Javascript embed.

Occasionally the php embed version of the form will work - I suspect when some kind of cookie or session has been set/reset - but usually it doesn't work.

I tried the " ... ?php session_start(); ? ..." hack (mentioned earlier in this thread), and that solves the problem of being able to continue to go to the 2nd page, however, it also pops an error on the page "Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent".

I've got no other PHP on the page - it's simply an empty page with the form on it.

I really want to continue to use the PHP Embed method because we do a lot with custom site CSS files and the Javascript uses an iframe which has caused issues in the past linking to our site's CSS file(s) (on other websites where we also use MachForm).

Any thoughts?

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. yuniar

That is PHP session issue indeed and the session start code should fix it.
    Just make sure to put that code into the very first line (line 1), before anything else.

If you are getting the "Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent" message, then most likely there is some code above that. Try to check for empty spaces and remove them, as empty spaces are considered as output characters as well.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic