This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Multiple choice answer box displays wrong

1. jhinkle

This could be just us, but our answer box for multiple choice questions always appears below and to the right of the question. So depending on the length of the question, it could look VERY strange. What I had to do was add this to the Advanced CSS of the theme assigned to that form:

.multiple_choice fieldset {clear:both;}

With that in place, the answers to multiple choice questions appear correctly, directly below the question and left aligned. Please respond here if this happens with your instance of Machform as well. And add the code above to fix it until it gets added as a bug fix in the next version.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

Your description of the problem is not clear to me; in particular, I am not sure what you mean by an "answer box". Perhaps you could post a link to a screen shot. My understanding of what you are describing is that the multiple choice items are showing up aligned to the right, rather than to the left of your form. I don't recall ever having seen this and I just confirmed I don't see it in Machform v. 4.6. Which version are you using? Are you viewing a stand alone form or an embedded one? If embedded, how are you embedding it?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. jhinkle

Sorry, there is a border around the answers to the multiple choice question - so I just called it the answer box. I don't have a screen shot, but it looked like this (without the vertical orange lines):

What is your age?

• 5-12
    • 13-18
    • 19-25

What are you going to do after school today with your friends?

• study
    • nothing
    • netflix and chill

We are on 4.5, I'm reluctant to upgrade after a new version comes out until it's worked out most of the bugs.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

I have never seen anything like this in any version of Machform, even discounting the orange lines. Multiple choice items don't have borders in my installation. Are you saying you don't have any "radio buttons" displaying for the multiple choice items? How do your users select the one they want? We only use standalone forms, so it would be helpful if you would answer my other questions about embedding, although at this point it might make more sense for you to contact Appnitro directly.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic