This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Multiple install in same database licence issues

1. smudge

I love Machform. I use it in my blog or for personal record taking and now I want to install it for a new site in an existing database. Happy to buy a new licence I wondered if I could maybe just expand the install numbers some how? Obviously the key issue I have is ensuring the footer is tailored to my site and no long white space areas. I may have to get an upgrade too as I don't have the paypal option. What should I do?

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. What do you mean by just expand the install numbers?

Regarding the database, each instance need to use its own database. Two machform can't use the same database name, since it will create conflicts.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. smudge

By install numbers I mean have a licence for two installs but that seems irrelevant as you said I need another database. If I buy a new licence and install to a new database, I shouldn't have any conflicts with the other version I have on my server right?

Next query is about unsightly white space and I know this is about the domain the package is installed on. Here's the catch, I forwarded my A record to a third party server, my shop. Not sure how to install so that the standard forms look normal and also if I embed the code on my shop, it looks normal (I mean the trailing whitespace at the bottom of the form if I embed onto another website).

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. smudge

Regarding licence, can I upgrade from a 1 site licence to a 10 site licence?

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. yuniar

As long as you are using separate database for each machform, there shouldn't be any conflict.

And yes, you can upgrade to the higher package and only pay the difference.
    Send us email directly if you need to do this. We'll send you the upgrade link.

Mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic