This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

multiple logins and linking logins to forms

1. bpieslak

Hi,
    First off, I *love* MachForms. I think they're fantastic, and they get my staff out of Excel-hell. So THANK YOU for building this product.

That being said, I need multiple people to access the Admin Control Panel so that they can their entries and change forms for the forms that they own/manage.

So what I need is:
    1.) multiple logins, and not just a single login
    2.) the ability to associate a login with 1 or more forms, granting each user that logs in the ability to see & manage only their forms
    3.) a nice-to-have would be role-based permissions as well, so I could grant 1 user read-only access to the entries of a single form, while someone else could have full control over a form.

Is this something you would consider building into MachForms as a feature request?
    Does you do customizations for clients for MachForms?
    Does anyone else out there do 3rd party consulting or customizations to MachForms?

These features are very important to our future use & rollout to MachForms for other areas of my company.

Thanks,
    -Brian

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Actually, we're currently working on a "pro" version which support multiple users and permissions, just exactly like what you need.

However, we don't have any release date yet, since it's currently under development.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. bpieslak

Thanks for the update, yuniar.
    I'm very interested in your upcoming Pro version, and will volunteer to be a beta tester if you choose to have a beta group.

Do you expect the pricing for the Pro version to be similar to the current version?

Thanks again,
    -Brian

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

We don't have any decision regarding the pricing yet, but I suppose it would be different enough due to added features :-)

However, don't worry, there will be special price for all current users.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. nicklya

Hi, I have the same requirement like Brian, if I install 2 copies of script under
    2 different folders, this will help me to resolve the problem. (2 different admin login with 2 different forms)

So, in this case, how many licenses do I require? 1 or 2?

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. yuniar

If they are just under different folders and not under different subdomain/domain, then you only need 1 license.

However, I suggest not to install on multiple folders to overcome the permissions issue. Since they are under the same domain, they shared the same session cookies, thus the admin of your first machform would be able to access the second machform easily.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. leisurepublishing

Any update on multiple logins?

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. tattoo2

I was just going to ask if there is any update on this too.

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. angieten21net

Any update on this feature?

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. jlathrop

any upate on pro version??

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. dzervas

Hi, I just wanted to add my interest to this topic :

I also need this kind of functionality and will be impatient to see this PRO version.

To add to the feature requests, what I would like to do is give my customers the ability to login and check their forms. BUT I mostly need to be able to give them DIFFERENT permissions to only read and export forms, without them being able to make new forms.
    In this way, I am the administrator and they are the simple users who can simply just read the entries and download them.
    Hope that this is part of the new functionality.

Regards
    Dennis

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic