This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

New Features

1. smudge

01. I use MachForm a lot and always think of ways to enhance or improve it. In the paragraph text areas, the option to include a wysiwyg editor would be really useful, saving the data as HTML as created in the database. I understand the data management would be tricky do to formatting from excel or csv, but the emailed copies of the reports could be nicely formatted in html as they currently are and almost of report material. Useful in my circles.

02. I use drop downs a fair bit and sometimes use the field 'Other' in which case I need to add another single line text box for the 'other' comment. The problem with this is space but also the form doesn't know which one has been completed, so making it a compulsory field won't work. Can a drop down menu also have the capacity to input text in the default Blank option? This way a user can select from the list or key in their choice in the Blank section.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. smudge

03. A user account system would be useful so people can have access to their forms. For example, I created an issues log. My colleague will create different issues and that will have/require different email send parameters.
    04. The ability to login as above and recall data in a submitted form. Again with the issue log, cases may be open or closed, the notes might need to be updated but it is still essentially the same record; a work in progress. Recalling form data by scrolling through date would be very useful.
    05. Also from the form entries section, it would be handy to be able to force re-sending of the submitted data to your email. If I created a form, filled it in a few times and ultimately forgot to add an email, the only way I can see this data now is to download the .csv/.xls. Using a checkbox and hitting re-send would be useful!

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. smudge

06. The CSS is editable. An interface where we can set all of the parameters, such as font, size colour would be useful, though a few pre-sets would be even greater - pre designed CSS themes, including form widths, comment text box colours, mouse-over/tooltips.
    07. Option to change radio buttons/check boxes from vertical to horizontal would be fast and useful.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic