This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

New line numbers/files for..

1. CyberSpy

Hey everyone,
    Yuniar, first I'd like to thank you for yet another great release/update, MachForm is really coming together nicely.

With that said. When you (or anyone else who has had time to go through all the changes) has time, can some of the older tips be updated (with the new locations or line numbers)? Such as:

Changing submit button to an image - (I've noticed submit or continue in quite a few places, where would that actually be changed in 2.0, I tried using the older method, but when I view the form in Internet Explorer (not Firefox), the resize/red errors do not display, the page just refreshes).

Removing Title/description of form/Footer - Again, it's located in many more places now, and different line numbers and it won't remove it from all pages. For instance, I removed it from the form when showing with the php require, but it shows up in the email receipt, and on the Create Form, Edit Form pages.

That's all I have for now, and while they aren't important to others, they are important for me, and I will continue to check for bugs, typos, etc through the app and report them as I find them.

Again, INCREDIBLE job Yuniar, kudos to you, we are about to purchase 3 more copies and implement MachForm for those clients sites.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Sorry for the hassle, you will need to redo all those changes indeed. Since there are pretty much code change.

I'm not sure if the image button would work if you have a form with "review" enabled.
    For normal form, it should be working though. The line numbers might changed, but the placement should be the same.

Try to compare with the previous changes. See where its get changed. After which code.
    Usually you can find similar code.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. philwareham

Of course you could always use CSS to change the appearance of submit buttons, which also deprecates nicely for older browsers.
    For example I use this CSS in the view.css file...

#main_body input.button_text {
    color:#fff;
    text-align:center;
    font-weight:bold;
    position:absolute;
    border:0;
    background:#333 url('/images/your-button-background.gif');
    padding:0;
    margin:0;
    width:100px;
    height:24px;
    cursor:pointer;
    }

You would need to create a suitable background image for it.
    Regards,
    Phil

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic