This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

New problem with e-mails

1. girljinbink

I'm having another bizarre issue, this time with the e-mails. It seems that I can only send e-mail to and from the "admin user" via SMTP. I can't send anything without enabling SMTP. E-mails are not being sent to users even though the e-mail field is defined correctly in the admin area of MachForm. And it doesn't matter what user I change the Admin e-mail to (I've changed it multiple times in both the config.php and the MachForm admin), it won't send unless it's the "admin" user. I've also tried changing the admin user in my php.ini file, and that didn't work either.

this problem is hard to describe, but I hope this makes sense.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hmm... what is your hosting company?
    Some host require you to use SMTP to send email, while some other don't.

Also, what do you mean by changing admin user in your php.ini file? What's the exact configuration variable you have changed?

There are many possibility for this kind of problem. Make sure to check your firewall and your SMTP configuration (is your SMTP allow mail relay?)

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. girljinbink

Our hosting company is Rackspace.

When you open the php.ini file there are some things that need to change in order for SMTP to work. The problem with what has been seen is that we do not get a response except for to the person that is located in the SMTP user and password field. It seems that when this happens you have to put the users name in the email address field in order for the email to go out. That shouldn’t be the case or is it. This is the dilemma we are faced with. Can you help us with this issue please?

There is no firewall to block outgoing or incoming emails for SMTP so, the firewall is not an issue.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Can I login to your FTP to check this?

Mail me your login info please.
    Send to: yuniar [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic