This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

newbie here with database install questions

1. chatham

need some help with the install of machform. i have never created a database before and would appreciate some help. i have serached for info on this and cant find anything. is there or has anyone created step by step instructions for this? i have no problem creating directories, uploading files this is not my problem. i need direction for creating the database and then locating the folders / files properly on my server so that i can initiate the install and get this working.

thank you

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. rscott7706

What you have to do is create a database on the server that your Machform is going to be installed on.

There are many ways to do this, but the easiest (in my opinion) is to use your web hosting control panel.

Do you know how to open the control panel for your web hosting? If so, depending on who your hosted with, you will be able to look at your databases, and use a tool called MyPHPAdmin (normally part of the hosting package).

Without going in to detailed instructions here, let's find out what your skill level is first. Can you let us know at what level your trying to get this done?

Ron

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. chatham

Ron

thanks for the info. my level is pretty good just no experience with this. under my control panel (IPower web hosting) i have a MySQL databse. do i go in there and create the database? if so what should i call it?

Bill

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Alternatively you can contact your hosting provider to see if they have step by step instructions for creating a database and a database user.

Normally you need to create a database and then create a user for that database. After that you need to assign the user to the database with whatever permissions you think that user requires (normally all).

Once the database is created and the database user is created you will need to go in to your Machform config.php file and put in the database name, username and password so Machform can talk to it.

The name of the database can be whatever you want it to be. Normally one would name the database as descriptive of the use as possible. So something like machform would work for a database name. If your hosting provider requires prefixes then something like ham_mach (or the first 3 letters of your sign on). You're only limited by your imagination.

Have fun!

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. chatham

thank you with your help i was able to get it loaded and operating.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic