This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Next Release

1. renobird

Hi Yuniar,

I'm sure this has been asked a lot.
    Any idea on a release date for the next version?

Maybe just a general idea like:
    In a week.
    In a month.
    In a year.

Looks like you've got a really great product here...there are a few things you've mentioned as 'coming in the next version" that I could really use.

Give us a morsel to drool over.

: )

--
    Tom

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. tabonec

Agreed! I too am awaiting future releases.

You've got us all champing at the bit. ^_^

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Hey, thanks for the attention on this! :-)

Generally, time estimate is bad, since there are unpredicted things.
    However, I'm targeting to get it done within the next 2-3 months.

I got tons of feature requests. Some of them are great ones, while the rest are great but complicated and potentially confusing. So I might not implement *all* feature requests.

Why don't you both put a list of features you would like to have? Post it here.
    I might missing something.

Thanks!

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. renobird

Hey Yuniar,

I'm new around here, so forgive me if I'm requesting something that already exists.

1. Review - send user to a "review" page prior to submitting form.
    2. Use of PHP include - instead of iframe.
    3. Copy existing form - instead of starting from scratch for new forms.

From looking around, it seems as all these have been asked about before.
    Just thought I'd mention them again.

Thanks!
    --
    Tom

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. almostcanadian

Hi Yuniar,

I'm sure you've got lots of suggestions so far, and I look forward to the next upgrade. I wanted to suggest that each new form be associated with a new css file. This would allow each form to have a different look. Right now, every form looks the same, which is limiting. Just a thought...thanks again for all the hard work you have put into this...

Ashish

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. m-walker

does this solution currently provide the opportunity to insert logic into a form? i am looking to limit how many boxes can be checked and things of that nature for a user to submit.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. xlawdog

Hi Yuniar,

I'm new to this today, and I love it so far. I'd agree that the ability to copy an existing form would be very helpful.

But for my purposes, the most valuable additional feature would be an easy way to provide a confirming / thank-you email to the form submitter. I know from another thread that this can be done by tweaking a couple of the files, but as a designer and not a programmer, it would be great to be able to do this from the administration interface.

Brian

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. yuniar

@ Ashish

actually each form already has different css file, so you can adjust the styling for each form.

@ m-walker

sorry, machform doesn't support any logic yet

@ Brian

definitely, an easy way to provide confirmation email is on our high priority list

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. tabonec

Here's my input for some ideas regarding the next version:

- Ability to save column sorting on the view form page.

- Button on the form view page to generate an "email style" summary of any particular individual form submission. This would be incredibly easier than exporting the whole csv or excel file each time when you only need to review one entry.

- Increase section break varchar(255) limit or add the ability to include plain paragraphs of text (some of the forms I've worked with require large chunks of text between the fields).

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. yuniar

tabonec,

#1) you mean column sorting on view entries page right?
    #2) definitely great idea
    #3) will be fixed too. if you need it at this moment, you can manually edit your ap_form_elements table. Change the field type of element_title and element_guidelines to mediumtext.

Thanks!

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. rboisjoly

I use this to register people for events. I'd love the confirmation email as well as a way to duplicate forms. But also, a way to match two fields (so people can enter their email twice to ensure it is right) since I often get emails with some mistakes from the users I deal with. Teachers are sometimes not as proficient with forms and make mistakes.

Thanks for a wonderful tool!

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. tabonec

hi yunair,

In regards to the first suggestion - yes, it would be nice to have the columns stay in the arrangement by which you placed them. Just something that could save some time when only one or two fields are the most important and need to be seen often.

Thanks!

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic