This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

No access to any forms

1. fresh

Hi,

I purchase license, installed the software and signed in.
    under manage forms I got empty page with this message "Welcome! You currently have no access to any forms."

why is that and how can I get access to forms?

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I suspect that message "Welcome! You currently have no access to any forms!" is telling you in a roundabout way that there are no forms yet created and you just need to create them. Click the "Create New Form" button (green button, top right hand side of screen).

That message should really say something more like:"Welcome! There are no existing forms. To create forms, click "Create New Form".

If you think there is a bigger issue here and something isn't working as you expect, , it's advisable if you send AppNitro a request to check your installation. Contact them - http://www.appnitro.com/contact to submit a support ticket and include all your login information.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. fresh

Thanks, I sent them a message. there is no create new form or any template avialable.
    waiting them to reply.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

You haven't by any chance created extra users, and not yet given them the ability to create forms, but have logged on as that particular user name?

That would prevent you making forms, and possibly result in the above message, and explain the absence of the Create New Form button.

However I would be interested in knowing Appnitro's reply to the cause of this, as it might help others in future.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

There was an issue with the PHP configuration file (php.ini) on the server. The file doesn't have "session.save_path" value being set correctly.
    Thus the PHP session functionality doesn't work properly, which in turn affect the privileges/permissions system.

Some hosting companies such as iPage, Powweb, Startlogic and any other related hosts seems to have this issue.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. archie

We recently changed host providers and we are now encountering similar error message stating on the Form Manager login:

"Welcome! You currently have no access to any forms"

Also, the form's page on the website is now stating: "This is not valid form URL."

Will be great to know how to this resolve the PHP configuration causing this problems.

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Hi archie,

Try to check into your PHP configuration file (php.ini) and search for this setting: session.save_path
    Make sure that setting has a valid folder path and the folder should be writable.

If the problem persist, please contact us directly and we'll assist you further.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. quintessentquirk

Like member fresh, I just bought a license, uploaded machform, changed the permissions for the folder 'data'. Created the database & ran the installer.php. Signed in okay with license key. But I get the exact same message:

Welcome!
    You currently have no access to any forms.

There are no "create new form" type of buttons. Just manage account, sign out and pretty much nothing else.
    Hoping to get started on this new form soon!

url is http://www.tenerife-training.net/machform/
    Thanks,
    Leslie

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. quintessentquirk

No worries, I have it sorted out now.
    It is indeed caused by sessions.

Was just a bit lost as it the exact file path is host specific...
    Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic