This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Not Receiving Automatic Email

1. jbushlack

The auto email notification when a form is filled out from our website is not consistently being sent to either our email or the user's email entered on the form. Sometimes we receive an email, but other times it is not sent. However, the form info is all getting saved into the database. This would be okay, but the email that is sent to the user as a confirmation that the data was sent is not consistently working, and we're getting emails from customers asking if we received their order. And this is certainly undesired as we come across as looking unprofessional when this happens.

We need to find a fix for this so that the email is always being sent. I've done some testing and it seems that whenever the form is submitted after the user hasn't completed all necessary fields...and then goes back and fills in the fields they're prompted to....when they hit the submit button again after this, the email doesn't get sent (at least a couple times when I've tested this myself).

I've also seen that if the form is filled out after hitting the "back" button on the browser or "refresh", instead of arriving at the form as a brand new visitor....and then the form is filled out and submitted...this seems to produce the successful submission of the data to the database, but it doesn't send the automatic email notification to either us or the user.

I have consistently been able to get the email to send when filling out the form correctly the first time after arriving at the form as a new visitor. So I believe that the SMTP settings are correct. GoDaddy is our webhost. I've looked at the config.php file as suggested by some other forums, and that seems to be okay as far as I can tell.

Please advise on a potential solution to solve this issue.

Thanks,
    Johnse

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello Johnse,

Is it possible for us to login to your MachForm to test it? Also, let me know the SMTP settings on your config.php file.

During the last few days, we received some report regarding email notification suddenly stopped working on some GoDaddy server. This seems to be specific to some server, somehow.

Please send the details to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com
    We'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. subcat

I'm having the same issue, except I've never received an email. What was the resolution? We're hosting our site on a Network Solutions VSP.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Usually this is SMTP problem. Try to enter the SMTP details provided by your host into your config.php file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. nielsenworld

And what if we don't use SMTP at all?

My config.php says:

define('USE_SMTP',false); //set this to 'true' to use SMTP

I've testet it on a few other domain, to verify if something was wrong with current domain

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. subcat

I entered the SMTP details into the config.php file with no luck. I think I've set everything up correctly—I can see the entries in the admin—but I'm not receiving the automated emails.

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. nielsenworld

Problem solved at my end - Hosting issue with PHP - Sorry guys!

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. subcat

Any way I can get any support for my issue?

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. yuniar

subcat -- yes we can check it further. Please send FTP details to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  10. teamwebb2008

I also found out that some of our members were getting emails sent to their SPAM folder. I tell everyone to look there for the submission forms. This cleared up a lot of issues.

Posted 14 years ago #
  11. tattoo2

I have had form on site for a year and a half working perfectly and as of 3/11 it stopped sending emails. Is saving correctly in database. Config seems correct. Not on godaddy host.

Posted 14 years ago #
  12. yuniar

I suggest to contact your host and let them know about it. Most likely this is mail agent/sendmail issue on your server.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  13. websemtex

wow this post was made 2 years ago and now i am having this problem :( i was out of town back now and find out this problem .

I did call my host and what they said was for security reason and limitations , system admin will not open ports on web servers to connect to external SMTP servers. , customer who need to send email from their web server should use script that use mail services resident on the web servers "php sendmail, cdosys or local smtp 127.0.0.1

so guys any help

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic