This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

One Theme, Two Formats

1. jraitchi

Hi folks, Yuniar,

I have two different forms, both use the same Theme:

http://www.languageconvo.com/studentgoals.html

http://languageconvo.com/referrals.html

For some reason, the with of the first studentgoals.html form is really narrow. It is not my html/embed, it displays as being that narrow when I am editing it in MachFrom. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. williamansley

Your answer is visible in the first field of the first form: you have added "guidelines for user" to it. Once you do this, Machform automatically reserves a certain amount of space on the right side of the form for the guidelines, so that they have room to show up without overlapping any of the fields on your form. This happens to all of the fields on your form, even if you only have one guideline (which seems to be the case with your form). If there are no guidelines at all, no space is reserved for them. If you move the text you currently have in the guideline for the name field on your first form into the form label, so it says something like "Your Name (first and last name please, we have a lot of students!)" above the text entry area and remove the text from the guideline, you should see that your form becomes wider.

It would be great if, in a future version of Machform, only fields that actually have guideline text were made narrower, rather than the whole form being affected when guideline text is added to a single field.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. jraitchi

Thanks William, that guideline isn't really needed anyway, no idea why it was there. Agreed on the width with guideline feature, that would be nice.

Thanks again,
    John

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. williamansley

I'm glad I was able to help.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic