This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Option to "skip to end" of a multi-page form

1. ashworthconsulting

Long loved your form solution. One thing...and maybe it's possible and I just cannot figure out how...

We have a large form that we want to setup, with about 7 pages for simplicity. Only the first page, however, is required. All other pages with fields are entirely optional. Is there any way we can do one of the following?

1. allow user to submit the form from ANY page
    2. allow user to skip to end for submission

Thanks in advance for your help. Keep up the good work!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Boon

well, I am new to this script but I think it should be possible to edit section //if the form has multiple pages on /includes/view-functions.php

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. ashworthconsulting

Well, that's just it. Each page of your multi-page form is technically a "submit" button...but I don't think it will send the entire thing through (all pages) until you click the final submit button at the end. Having a "submit entire form" button (optional) for forms would be a great idea.

Without going into too much detail, the form I'm creating is an exercise, and only the first step of the exercise is necessary/required. All other steps of the exercise are entirely optional for the user to fill out, but it's tedious (and unnecessary) for the user to have to keep clicking submit at the bottom 7 times to get to the final page, and only then they're able to submit.

Again, there may be a better way to do this that the developer can shed light on that I'm not thinking of yet, so the ball's in your court :)

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic