This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Page Breaks causing JS errors in form builder

1. ironsoup

Yuniar,

Have you ever seen anything like this? Basically a user of ours built out a form on MF V4.1 with a lot of fields, then eventually they added some page breaks to the whole thing. About 5 of them, and they recently said they were having problems with their form saving, latest changes not being saved etc.

So I took a look at their form and it appears the page breaks are causing some JS errors. The output below is what you see on the loading of the form builder for the form in question, and also from clicking back and forth between each page break to manage that pagebreak field etc:

GET /null 404 (Not Found) edit_form.php?id=15220:2925
    event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.min.js:17
    Attr.specified is deprecated. Its value is always true. jquery.min.js:16
    GET /null 404 (Not Found) null:1
    GET /null 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:18

And I did a test where I duplicated this form, saw the same errors but was able to delete all the page breaks and save. Once I edited the form again after removing the page breaks, all the JS errors disappeared.

Not sure if this is enough information to reveal any potential bug or issue but please let me know if this rings a bell, and if there's anything I can/should do to our setup to prevent these JS isssues from happening when page break fields are used.

Thanks!

-Mike

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. gustavpenny

Did you find a solution to this?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Mike -- most of the time, the form is having trouble with saving changes when the user have entered missmatched / unclosed HTML tags within the form. Try to find any of these.

If you can't find one, can you contact me directly and let me know the login to your machform please?
    I'll need to check directly into that form.

Please mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. ironsoup

Thanks Yuniar, appears that clearing out any invalid / unclosed HTML tags seemed to fix the issue.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic