This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Pass Info from Webpage into Checkbox Field

1. conceive

Hi, I looked for this feature in other posts and can't find it...

Is it possible to have a user click on a link in one web page [that has no form] and send info to the next web page [where the form is] and have the form pre-populate one of its checkboxes so the user doesn't have to find the right checkbox to click it?

[I'm on v3.4]

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. williamansley

@conceive: Below is a link to your starting point. If you need more help after reading the web page below, let the forum know:

http://www.appnitro.com/doc-url-parameters

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. conceive

Thx for the tip! I'm trying to populate checkboxes [fyi]. I tried it according to the instructions and wound up with the following relative link which, when clicked, gives me the page totally unformatted and no form!

<a href="61-Main-Subscribe.php/view.php?id=17026&amp;element_7_37=to%20receive%20the%20quarterly%20Municipal%20Market%20Report">SUBSCRIBE</a>

I wasn't really sure, did I do correctly by using the checkbox value to be the value for the URL with %20 between each word in the string?

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. williamansley

You reference the form elements by id only when using URL parameters (ignore any label text) and you make a check box active by setting the value to 1. So I think this should work for you:

<a href="61-Main-Subscribe.php/view.php?id=17026&element_7_37=1">SUBSCRIBE</a>

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. conceive

Ok, that makes more sense. Thx.

But I am still getting a page without my form and totally unformatted.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. ronaldconring

Try this ... <a href="machform/view.php?id=17026&element_7_37=1">SUBSCRIBE</a> and see if it works.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. williamansley

@ronaldconring: you need to put backticks around code examples in this form for them to be visible as text.

@conceive: I have no idea what the correct form of the URL you are using should be and I was in a hurry yesterday, so I just copied what you posted, but now that I look at your example more closely, it doesn't seem to be structured properly. The URL should be something like this:

https://www.example.com/machform/view.php?id=13643&element_1_2=1

Where you would replace www.example.com with your domain. If you are using a form embedded in a PHP page, then what I am describing may not be applicable and you have gone beyond my small sphere of expertise. I would suggest contacting Appnitro directly for assistance if yuniar or redityo doesn't respond to this forum message soon.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. conceive

Thx guys!! :]

I think my problem may have to do with the fact that the machform/ app and directories are on another server. The link I used above is a relative link. So, I can't merely add mydomain.com/machform/ to it, since the directory obviously doesn't exist on my website's server...

Not sure where to go from here. Will wait a few hours and see if the guys pick this up. Thx again kind sirs :]

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. yuniar

conceive -- The URL parameters as mentioned by the guys above should be correct already.
    If the machform is located on another server, simply put the domain of your other server to your link.

Or perhaps contact us directly and let us know the URL you are referring to, so we can check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic