This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

password protecting a form

1. haizlid

I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere...but, as I'm just now trying out Machform for the first time, upon creating my first form from the admin area I chose 'Turn On Password Protection' and entered (what I assumed) to be the password required for my form into the field next to the key icon. And when I click on 'view form' I am presented with a new page requesting a password (great so far). When I enter the same password that I chose earlier, the screen blanks the password out and asks for it again...

Am I missing something? Do I have to go into phpmyadmin and create a user / password database or something?

Thanks

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Saghalie
    Pro Member

LOL

You need to click the "Submit" button, don't press "ENTER" on the keyboard. I've done this SO many times it ain't funny anymore.

Hope this helps.

Saghalie
    http://www.beautiful-beginnings.org

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. yuniar

This seems to be a bug with IE only. I just noticed this today after getting the bug report.

As Saghalie said, you need to click the "Submit" button. IE somehow doesn't send the "Submit" button variable when you only hit the enter key.

However, the fix is pretty simple. Edit your includes/view-functions.php file, search around line 1578 - 1582 and you'll find this code:

<li class="buttons">
    	<input type="hidden" name="form_id" value="{$form->id}" />
    	{$edit_markup}
    	<input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
    </li>

After the second line of the above code, insert the hidden submit code, so it become:

<li class="buttons">
    	<input type="hidden" name="form_id" value="{$form->id}" />
    	<input type="hidden" name="submit" value="1" />
    	{$edit_markup}
    	<input id="saveForm" class="button_text" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
    </li>

That should fix the issue with IE.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. haizlid

And so it did...very impressed.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic