This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Payments

1. WayneFusco

I need to have a field where they enter a quantity and the cost is FIXED (THEY DO NOT ENTER IT AND CAN NOT CHANGE IT) and I want to display the total that will be due. AGAIN the price is FIXED. How do I do this?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. williamansley

@WayneFusco: If you take a look at my post at the link below, I think you will find that it includes the answer to your question:

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/payment-form-with-check-boxes-and-quantity-fields-lined-up?replies=3

I'm sorry that the message I am directing you to is long and doesn't address your question specifically, but I don't have time right now for a more specific response. One thing to note is that if you want to show the total for a single quantity times price calculation, separate from the grand total for all the charges on the entire form, you cannot do this with Machform.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. WayneFusco

I actually did follow your example which got me as far as I did.. Thank you BTW for your informational post. It was helpful..

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. rnlong

Yes this post helped me as well for calculating a total on store assessment. This allowed me to set 1 for a yes and 0 for a no and it calculated perfectly. Is there a way to take it one step further and edit the total field to not show the $ symbol and USD? If so then this works perfectly for forms needing calculations for non dollar value calculations.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. williamansley

@WayneFusco: You are welcome. But, when you followed my instructions, you should have seen that the amount you assign to the check box field in the Define Prices section of the Payment Settings settings tab is fixed and can't be changed by the user, unless the user can edit the form. Don't be mislead by the unfortunately confusing terminology in Machform. What Machform calls a "variable price" really should be called something like a "per field price." What is called a "fixed price" in Machform should really be called a "per form" price. If you create a fixed price form in Machform, then the amount charged is a single, set price per form submission. You may think this isn't very useful, and you would be right. but it can be used for simple forms where only one item is being requested for a fixed fee. The so-called "variable price" option allows you to assign prices to individual fields, which can be used as part of a "quantity times price" calculation, or just added on to the total as a single item.

So either you can already do what you want, with the exception of displaying subtotals for individual item calculations in your form, or I don't understand what you are asking.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. WayneFusco

@willamansley, this option doesn't work if I have more than one purchase options right? I have two things they will be buying depending up their choice, one would be a ticket to the event itself, or 2 or 3 tickets, then they have the option to add a room for one or more nights ( this is also a problem with this form, there is no way I can find to calculate the number of nights) the sub total cant be broken up into to groups IE Event and Room and then grand total?

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic