This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

PayPal

1. rscott7706

I just purchased the ten license upgrade basically because of the PayPal integration.

But, I am extremely disappointed (unless I am hopefully wrong) that we cannot have individual items linked to PayPal, just the whole form.

To me, the whole process of linking through Machform to PayPal is the development nightmare, there has to be an easy way to link the PayPal porting to a multiple choice field for instance. Otherwise, what good is PayPal?

Most forms are going to have several selections, if not several different PayPal items.

Am I missing something here?

Ron

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. rscott7706

My bad, should not have knee jerked. The set up is a little strange, but I muddled through and apologize for my first post.

Ron

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Hi Ron,

No worries!
    Do you think the most confusing part is when you need to select from the dropdown to add the field?

Also, in case you didn't know yet, we now have a whole lot documentation for MachForm.

For this particular case, you might want to check it here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/doc-payment

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. rscott7706

I think it was more operator error, just not looking in depth before I complained. I will review documentation. I was hoping that we could put PayPal buttons, instead of only hooked to multiple choice or drop downs.

For instance I have a multiple choice that a user chooses the table prices (table for 8, couple or single) for an event. Eventually, they may want to pay by check, not PayPal. So I can't hook the multiple choice directly to PayPal.

I hope I find a solution in documentation.

Thanks for your reply!!

Ron

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. rscott7706

OK, I did a work around - made one multiple choice for table selections, then a drop down to select PayPal options. Works OK.

Form is still in progress, but getting close.

Ron

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. batsirai

I actually have the standard version (V3) but I dont see the merchant settings panel. I don't have any place to activate it - what am I missing?

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. rscott7706

Here is a dump of my menu (it is on forms manager). Does yours look the same?

http://www.rsconcepts.com/images/machform_menu.png

Ron

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. batsirai

Sorry - I cant see your image. But here is what I see on mine: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0351n1t9a

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. debra

batsirai, I believe paypal is added to each form individually. Not in the Machform settings. Open one of your existing forms and you should see the example Ron gave.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic