This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Paypal functionality - clicking 'submit' doesn't redirect to paypal

1. muddy

I developed a form and wanted to use the paypal functionality as well. I purchased MachForm 3.5 a few weeks ago, started working on it and got all the basic functionality working (including the redirect to paypal after the form was submitted). Came back to work on it yesterday, and now it won't redirect to paypal...just kind of reloads a blank page on my site where the form would usually appear.

MachForm is submitting the entries to the database, so that part of the equation seems to be working just fine. I did create a simple new form with Paypal functionality, and it seems to work just fine (redirects to paypal after 'submit' is clicked). I have tested the form in question on several browsers and several different machines (both Mac and Windows).

Is it possible that there's something about the form itself that is preventing the redirect to paypal?

Not sure if it matters, but I recently 'upgraded' my Paypal account to the free Business account that they offer. Nothing about the paypal account changed, at least on the front end. My paypal email address didn't change, and the 'upgrade' happened instantaneously.

I guess one option is simply to rebuild the form and hope that it works, but I'd rather figure out what's going on, if possible, so I can troubleshoot similar issues in the future if needed.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Try to disable the email notification of your form and test it again.
    If the problem persist, we'll need to check this directly.

Please contact us directly and let us know the login to your MachForm.
    We'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. muddy

hmmm....disabling the email notifications worked, but turning them back on gave the same behavior as before. Also, apparently using my paypal email address (even with email notifications disabled) does not work, but using the 'random' paypal ID number (not sure where/how it's generated, but after inputting my email, it seemed to change to this random ID number in Machform with no input from me) seems to work (still, only while email notifications are disabled).

I will follow up directly to try and resolve this.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. conceive

Was this resolved??? I'm having the same issue..

But I don't have email notifications turned on at all.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic