This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

PayPal intregation

1. csrsllc

I was wondering if I could intregate the paypal button/submit into a form. I want to have a customer agree to my Terms & Conditions before he would pay. If this is possible then I could eliminate one more page from the site.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Instead of adding PayPal button at the bottom of the form, it would be better to redirect to PayPal payment page after successful form submission.

So they have to agree with your Terms & Conditions and submit the form right before submitting payment through PayPal.

To do this, simple generate your PayPal URL. You can use this handy tool:
    http://www.appnitro.com/paypal_link_generator

Then put the generated URL into your form "Redirect URL".

That would do it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. chris7of9

could this also be done therfore with Credit Card payments?

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

It will redirect to PayPal payment page, which will prompt your customers to enter their credit card details, without signing up to PayPal (if they don't want to signup of course).

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. teamwebb2008

When using the above PayPal generator, would I put the actual field name or the element name to be picked up in PayPal on submission? On multiple choice selection there are more than one fee and I would like to be able to place these in the submission of the generator under "Item". If I do use the field name, since there are spaces in the field name, would I use an underscore (_) for blank spaces? I have thus far added all the items in the generator after copying the code down to notepad.

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. chris7of9

I would like to list 5 products that the user can buy by clicking in the tick box next to the item. How do I get the total value of the items selected passed to paypal for the correct price to be charged?

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. teamwebb2008

I am having so much trouble with PayPal integration as well, especially since I am using drop-down boxes and check boxes in my forms. If anyone has a site I can go study, please let me know. I am really having huge problems with this feature for my forms.

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. jenn

You can create custom buttons in paypal that allow drop down features to purchase items and add them to a cart. You can then embed them in a re-direct checkout page.

Our - if you have multiple choice - you can have the user check the box of their option:

___ - T-Shirt + (add to cart button)
    ___ - Jeans + (add to cart button)
    X - Cargo Pants + (add to cart button)

With each button having the $ amount and quantity already coded into the button.

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. teamwebb2008

I've tried everything. I give up. Guess I will have to wait for the next upgrades. I can't afford to tear up my forms anymore trying to get this integration to work. I thank you anyway for your assistance.

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. printerbees

I too wish to somehow integrate a shopping cart or add to cart or something along those lines to my website. I absolutely LOVE Machform and how easy it is to update forms, etc. The part that is killing me is accepting payment of multiple items, and adding shipping, tax, accpepting coupon codes...etc. HELP!!!! I would love to know how to do it. It would make my life so much easier.

Posted 15 years ago #
  11. teamwebb2008

I finally got PayPal to work on my page by using redirect. Try going here: http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/paypal-finally?replies=3#post-5263

Hope this helps.

Posted 15 years ago #
  12. RichieC

I finally did it!!!!

OK, I generated code for "Add to Cart" button from paypal and used their drop down with pricing button config. I configured button I wanted and then created code from their generator. I then clicked "select code" which copied everything. Then I copy and pasted into a new php file in my yahoo sitebuilder control panel. If you use this control panel you cannot name a file for example "my paypal", you have to make it one word like this: "mypaypal". Then click save. Then go back to control panel, view file you created and it should open up in browser. Then just copy and paste address at top of browser and redirect your machform in machform control panel with this url. Save form and copy "embed code" on your webpage or link that you create on your page and voila. Save your page in your hosting control panel and publish or preview first to be sure you got it right.

What my site does now is when you click file name on website, you will be redirected to machform I created, when person fills out all info I wanted, they will submit and then be redirected to paypal drop down menu with my specs on it.

Real easy when your done trying everything else first. LOL

If someone has an updated way of doing this easier, I'm all ears, but this is what worked for me 8 hours after initially trying to do it another way:)

Good Luck, Rich

Posted 13 years ago #
  13. scruffydog

i realize this thread is old ... not sure anyone will respond, but i'm not getting a response to my support query to Machforms and am not finding answers.

i tried the simple generator that Yuniar linked to ... i'm not sure what it's supposed to generate other than a new url in the address bar ... which i copied and used as a redirect. but it won't work. what happens is the form redirects to that generator (in spite of the new long "generated" address).

sigh ...

all i'm after is a simple PayPal button or a redirect to a PayPal payment page so clients can pay a simple retainer once they've filled out their client-booking form.

anyone??

thanks so much.

Posted 13 years ago #
  14. scruffydog

with still no response from my support request from Machforms, i've spent hours trying to figure this out on my own.

what i've figured out so far is that what'll probably work best is to have my client booking form redirect to another short form which allows clients to choose their method of payment (thus alerting me of their intentions when they submit the short form), and then THAT short form redirects them to my PayPal page.

i wasn't able to get that link from Yuniar's generator, but rather from PayPal itself by creating a button code, and then using the "email" version of it.

now i just have to put it all in play to see if it'll actually work! ... with no help from Machforms. thanks, Appnitro.

Posted 13 years ago #
  15. PatrickHamil

Hello Scruffydog,

You own suggestion should work. This is an old thread, and web technology is constantly changing.

The generator above has been replaced inside of PayPal (you can get the correct link straight from the button code), hence the reason the generator is no longer functioning.

I have found the support from MachForm to be fantastic and I'm sorry you do not share in this view :\

Let me know if theis method doesn't work.

Thanks,

Patrick Hamil

Posted 13 years ago #
  16. yuniar

scruffydog -- I think we've replied to your email.

Just in case you didn't get my last reply, our timezone is GMT+7 and we replied to your email as soon as we could.

I'm sorry if it took too long.
    Rest assured that we reply to all request within 1 business day.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic