This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[PayPal Update] Important update for PayPal payments

1. yuniar

On October 14th, 2014, a vulnerability that affect SSL 3.0 protocol (codename Poodle) was found and PayPal updated their systems to overcome this. Unfortunately, the change is causing issue to all sites/software that uses PHP PayPal SDK, including MachForm.

Although the issue doesn't affect the functionality of your form to accept payments, it will always mark all payments as "unpaid". This is because MachForm wasn't able to connect to PayPal server using SSLv3 to verify the payment status.

Today (October 17th, 2014) , we've just updated v4.2 package with the fix for this issue.
    Please login to our member area and download machform package again.

You'll only need to update one file.
    Please replace your current "machform/lib/ipnlistener/ipnlistener.php" file with the new file.

The fix should enable your form to verify the payment status correctly again.

References:
    -------------------
    PayPal announcement - https://www.paypal-notify.com/eventnotification/event_details?eventId=5787
    PayPal changes on GitHub - https://github.com/paypal/sdk-core-php/issues/52

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Steve1951

I'm running MachForm version 4.1. Is version 4.1 affected also?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Yes. Version 4.0 and 4.1 also affected. If you can't update to v4.2, simply update the file above.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. krishnagopu

What about the ones that were paid and marked as unpaid, how should they be updated

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. MvdL79

And did the total NaN bug got fixed as well in this release? So I can apply the update without any issues?

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. yuniar

krishnagopu -- I'm afraid you'll need to change the status of the previous entries manually.

MvdL79 -- yes, when we update the package, all bugs previously found are getting fixed as well.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. shaw

I have the file to fix the issue: machform/lib/ipnlistener/ipnlistener.php

Is there a walkthrough on how to find the old file so I can replace it?

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. AMurray
    Pro Member

Very easy - upload the new version of ipnlistener.php to machform/lib/ipnlistener. Use your standard FTP program, or File Manager within your hosting control panel (such as that within cPanel® or Plesk®)

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. myrctech

Hi yuniar,

i am currently using MachForm Version 3.5, am I affected? What should I do ?

thanks,RC

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. yuniar

Yes, version 3.5 also affected. You can login to member area, download v3.5 package again and simply update the same machform/lib/ipnlistener/ipnlistener.php file

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. mjaneck

Is this also the reason that MachForm does not send out email notifications as soon as PayPal payments are involved?
    My form is not sending out emails when payment is required via PayPal - Forms without any payment have no problems.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Yes it was the problem! Just tested it.

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. zeusofolus

I am running version 4.5 and appear to be having this issue as well. The forms are not always sent after payments are processed and even the paid entries are marked "Unpaid". Wouldn't this update be a part of the 4.5 build already?

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. yuniar

Version 4.5 should be fine already. Try to check into your "MachForm URL" within your settings page. Make sure the URL there is valid and pointing to your current machform URL.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic