This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

PHP - Safe Mode???

1. bbijou

We installed MachForm last week on our site americanfineartgallery.com and deployed a new 'contact' form as well as a 'sellers' form.

I have used MachForm with several of my clients so am familiar with your product and how to roll it out. I distinctly remember being able to modify the CSS in the admin. However, when I log into the MF admin, the CSS page is blank, which I learned from the forums means the PHP is in 'safe-mode'. So, what exactly does that mean and how do I turn it off so I can modify the CSS?

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. bbijou

I just double-checked and sure enough, all the permissions on the MachForm directories on the server are set to read, write and execute, so that's not the issue.

Here is the form:
    http://www.americanfineartgallery.com/join_us.html

As you can see I need to adjust the CSS so that the displayed text, for both the form element labels and help text are white.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. Saghalie
    Pro Member

You need to edit your php.ini to take it out of safe mode then resart your webserver for the changes to take effect.

In the meantime, why don't you just edit the CSS file with Notepad++? You should be able to find the css in ./data/form_1/css/view.css (that is if your data dir is the default).

Saghalie

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. bbijou

I didn't find a CSS in this path, so I put one in there. Will MachForm be able to read this despite my host provider being unable/unwilling to edit the php.ini and take it out of safe mode?

For example, I don't see the CSS in the MachForm dashboard for editing? Or should I just modify it by hand and then upload to the server?

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. bbijou

Wow, did all that and still no changes via CSS to the form. Even got my provider to put the PHP off of safe mode. Should I back up and reinstall MachForm?

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Have you tried this:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/php-in-safe-mode-and-editiing-css?replies=4

including the SQL update?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic