This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Placeholder Text

1. searchtransparency

Have any solutions to easily using placeholder text as an alternative to label text for both text fields and text areas been found yet?

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I'm not sure what you mean by place-holder text. Do you mean "default value" ? There is a default value box in the field properties pane. Just fill that in and it will show in the area box or text box field.

If that's not what you mean, please elaborate.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. searchtransparency

Placeholder text disappears when the user clicks into the text box. Default Value does not. I need something that does.

Placeholder markup example: placeholder="Enter Your First Name"

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. octaviocorral

its an HTML5 attribute. Hopefully Next machform upgrade should have support for this as well as HTML5 types. type="email" type="phone" type="number"

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

Yes, it seems Machform currently uses XHTML 1.0 Transitional.

I just tried this, below - just testing in a section break and it works more or less the way described, (when you start typing in the field the placeholder disappears) rather than clicking in the box and it disappears.

<input type="text" name="fname" placeholder="First name"> into say, a section break and see that it behaves like you described.

I expect therefore you could manually add the placeholder to your forms - probably you have to find the code in the database as the forms are created on the fly, and not stored as a standard webpage HTML file.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. searchtransparency

Ok, thanks for the help. I tried finding the code that would need to be changed in order to get this to work, but with no success. Any one have an idea of where to find it?

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. AMurray
    Pro Member

It was just a guess on my part, perhaps not as easy as it sounded
    :-)

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic