This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Possible to "reset" logic, depending on earlier choices...?

1. MvdL79

Hi Yuniar (or other staff members)!

Well I finally started using Machform 4.2 which looks really nice. I am still trying to get my head around several things, but so far I am really impressed. Especially with the logic system. Very, very nice to make your form look more professional. Also if you use it correctly, it will save you forms.

Anyways, I am probably doing something wrong with the code logic, because nobody else mentioned this. Well, not entirely true though, I did find this post (though MachForm 3.x) and it features a similar problem, as far as I can tell, as I am now facing. The post I am referring to is: http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/refresh-button?replies=3#post-20458

First off; I can fix this "easily" by creating a 2nd form, but I think it should be able with one form, as in "less is more".

Now I will try to explain the best I can what problem I am facing with the code logic. I am going to give an example, because our website is in Dutch and it would probably complicate things. Also the website is currently behind an .htaccess file, because it's still under construction.

We have 2 main options. Option #1 skips several parts of the form items (fields, multiple choice, etc). Option #2 is more detailed requiring to fill in and select several things on the form. Both options work perfectly *individually*, but when you select option #2 (and fill in or select the necessary items) and then decide "no, this is not what I need" and go back and re-select option #1, most secondary items from option #2 is still visible, where it should be hidden.

Well, I tried to explain it by giving an example, however that proves more difficult than I thought. And reading the above, it doesn't even make any sense anymore to myself. lol :S

I really don't know how to explain it any better to be honest. If it doesn't make sense, not blaming you, I can add your IP to the .htaccess file or if you can look directly at it, I can even rename it.

...or I will just create two seperate forms instead. Maybe it's better and easier in general. lol

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. MvdL79

Nevermind!!

I refused to give in by creating 2 seperate forms, so I added to another rule to 4 fields "Is Not" referring to option #1 and now it works. :)
    Sweet!

Thank you anyways for reading. :)

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic