This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Problem Ticket Resolution?

1. haizlid

Hi, I just recently ordered Machform and what I'm hoping to achieve with this software is a sort of "helpdesk problem ticket resolution" front end.

So, in other words, would it possible using this software to achieve my goal of creating an intro form that first asks whether this is a new ticket or followup which (depending on the choice) would redirect you to one or the other. And if it is a previously created followup ticket - could you just enter the ticket number and be presented with all the info which was originally entered (ie., archives pulled from the database displayed back on the screen)?

Is this possible with this product?

Thanks

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm afraid that won't be possible.
    I suggest to get a dedicated helpdesk script for that purpose.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. haizlid

So other than exporting the data as an Excel file or CSV - is there no other way of presenting it back?

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. haizlid

And if I will not be able to use this product for my purposes described, could you recommend a "dedicated helpdesk script" ... as I've searched the internet for such a thing and Machform seemed to be the closest thing I could find (short of learning PHP code and creating one myself - very time consuming).

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Right, only Excel or CSV. MachForm doesn't provide any feature to pull back the data using ticket number or such. This seem to be a nice idea though. Hmmm.

As for helpdesk script, you might want to take a look here:
    http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Customer_Support/Help_Desk/index.html

There are many of them.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. haizlid

Well, I have looked at some of the available options out there providing a 'problem ticket resolution' solution... But nothing seems to me as nice as it would to be able to use your software to create the forms just the way I want them, and then having the option to click on 'Enter Ticket to Review or Update' and then have all the information that was once entered on the form presented back on the screen for editing or review.

You said it was a nice idea - any possibility of implementing such a feature? It seems to me that it should not be that difficult to read from the database and then repopulate the form fields with the data previously entered...

thank you - and as I said, I already have purchased the product and am eagerly awaiting a download link to be emailed to me.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. haizlid

Or, at least, is there a way to have a field on the form that auto-increments? So that using another (non-Machform php script, I presume) I could pull data from the database into that page using the associated auto-incremented number assined by Machform?

thank you

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. yuniar

sent the copy through email.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic