This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Problem with field alignment - successive "same number" columns don't line up

1. williamansley

I have noticed a problem when using the built-in field alignment classes described here:

http://www.appnitro.com/doc-field-alignment

If I try to have more than two sets of two column or three column items (I haven't tested it with larger numbers of columns, but I assume the same problem applies to them as well), some of the subsequent lines don't align properly. For example, if I wanted to get a layout like this:

[Name 1] [Email 1]
    [Name 2] [Email 2]

And I do so by adding the built-in class "column_2" to the Custom CSS Class field for all of the above fields, it turns out like this:

[Name 1] [Email 1]
                   [Name 2] [Email 2]

If I have any field, such as a section break. without a custom CSS class assigned to it between the first two and second two matching fields, it "fixes" the problem.

[Name 1] [Email 1]
    [section break]
    [Name 2] [Email 2]

I assume that this is happening because the float imposed by the column_n built in classes is not cleared. Is there a way to deal with this without adding extra "spacer" fields?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

That field (Name 2) seems need to be cleared indeed. To clear the field, you can add "new_row" class name into the field.
    So, the class names being applied to Name 2 would be "column_2 new_row"

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. williamansley

This works just fine. Thanks! Is there a list of all the built-in classes somewhere that we can take a look at?

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

You can check them directly into the view.css file, around line 1165

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. TimHines

Just a thought to add to this.

If you are making 5 rows with 5 columns in each row, you only have to use the column_5 new_row command on the FIRST column of each row.

That might have been clear to most people, but wasn't clear to me until I started playing with it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. mercedeslorusso

I know this is digging up an old thread but thank you for this...you just saved me saved HOURS of work!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic