This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

problems moving machform to new host

1. philm

I've recently moved my website onto a new server and am trying to reinstall Machform there in a new database. It doesn't seem to be working. Is there something in the script which prevents it being reinstalled elsewhere, or am I doing something wrong?

If it helps, I'm getting error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mydomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

This is most likely folder permission issue.

Make sure to set the permission of your machform folder and all files/subfolders under that folder to 755 (CHMOD 755).

Then set the permission of your "machform/data" folder to 777.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. philm

thank you

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. islanddesign

Hi Yuniar,

The instructions on your support page states...

"4. Set folder permission

MachForm requires the data folder to be writable. If you are using Linux, use the chmod command (example: chmod 777 data). If you are using a Windows FTP client to upload the files, such as SmartFTP or CuteFTP you can simply right click to the folder and choose the chmod command and set the permission into writable."

But, your response above says... "Make sure to set the permission of your machform folder and all files/subfolders under that folder to 755 (CHMOD 755).

Then set the permission of your "machform/data" folder to 777. "

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Yes, by default, most hosting usually automatically set the permission of any uploaded file to 755.

In the case above, it doesn't seem so. So to make sure, he need to set the permission of all machform files (with exception data folder) to 755.

Are you having the same error?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic