This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Prospective buyer question - about sites

1. bobdela

Machform looks like it does what I need, but I'm not certain because I need to use it to create forms that will operate with osCommerce. Moreover, I need to set it up initially on a development site that currently has no domain name - just something like pair.com/~username

Once the new website is complete, I'll add SSL and a domain to the development site.

Question 1 - does anyone know if there is a way to use Macform to "talk" to osCommerce?

Q 2 - Does it work reliably with SSL? (I've seen the SSL how-to post, just curious how its working real-world)

Q 3: Can Macform be used to generate osCommerce forms rather than submit email?

Thanks!
    Bob DeLaurentis

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello Bob,

1) At this moment, MachForm uses its own database, as you might have guessed. If you need MachForm to "talk" to osCommerce. You will need to customize MachForm code to be able connecting to your osCommerce database. A programmer with PHP knowledge is required for this task.

2) Yes, the patch should work just fine. Many of MachForm users already implement that and I haven't received any error report yet.

3) I'm afraid it won't be able to generate native osCommerce forms. The only possible integration method would be using MachForm iframe code.

Let me know if you have other questions.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. djkaspa

As another prospective buyer thinking about this application, do licenses and packs apply to the location of the application itself, or the forms...?

If we install at www.mydomain.com but want to use the forms on www.myotherdomain.com, does that mean we need one license and one pack or just one license...?

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

the license apply to the location of the application. in this case you only need one license.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic