This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Pull MachForm database entry to HTML form by means of unique identifier...?

1. tmparisi

First, will this still work in v3.1?
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/unique-alpha-numeric-form-id-for-customers?replies=9

Next, I want to create an HTML form (not machForm, as I think it would make things to difficult...?) that a user can type in their unique ID (from above), click a button, and then the text boxes in the HTML field will display information associated with their entry from the MachForm database. I am not going to give them access to change anything. I just want them to be able to "verify" that their entry is there (this is used for a restaurant reservation system, and some customers get a bit nervous about their reservation). Finally, I will probably have a button to "cancel" reservation which will then just fire off an email with the information that is already displayed in the HTML form... this will not make changes or delete the record in the MachForm database.

So ultimately, I will need to grab information from the MachForm database via a unique identifier that was created when the user made their entry into MachForm. This identifier will pull record information to an HTML form and populate various text boxes. No information will be changed, deleted, etc, in the MachForm database.

Do you think this is possible to perform? Any pointers would prove useful.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. tmparisi

I have just created a PHP page to pull the elements from their respective tables. Just need to know if the unique identifier method, listed above, will still work.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic