This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Putting form with Theme into web page

1. wolverana

Hello,

I have been trying to figure this out for days. I have a form that I've designed a theme for which needs to be used within an already created web page setup. In other words I want it to be on a web page that goes with the rest rather than on it's own outside of the website.

I cannot find any way to keep the them working when I put the form on a page.

My pages for this site are HTML, I do not want to embed it using PHP, but embedding it in HTML would be fine. Right now I have it setup as a simple link, but it's not on a web page from the domain, it just loads up by itself. Trying to put it into the site doesn't work because all of the options strip the theme off completely.

Why is there no option that keeps the theme intact? How do we keep the theme intact when using the javascript option?
    I did find a post from a year ago that talked about stripping the CSS files "Embedded" codes from the page, but that did not work at all.
    Please help. The client would really like this form to be within one of her pages, and I know I would to, but I need the theme intact with it.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. :)

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

The behaviour you describe is not an error or bug in the software - that is how it is supposed to work.

1) viewing the form on its own will view with the theme

2) If embedded either by Javascript, PHP or iFrame, it will not show the theme (that is because the embed methods are designed to integrate the form seamlessly into a site's overall design)

As to "why" it is like that, I can't answer that but if you contact Appnitro directly they can answer that question - http://www.appnitro.com/contact

I'd actually be curious to know why the theme isn't part of an embedded form.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. wolverana

Me too because the way it's setup now is a lot of work to get it setup correctly on the page, and if you want any other type of background or shadow or anything at all you have to recode it again after already having created a nice theme to match your page in the app. Seems a bit redundant to me :/
    I'll email them and see if there's a way to put it into an HTML page intact with the theme.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic