This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

question

1. zforray

Yuniar,

I have a question about new features in V3. I haven't had a chance to read through every example/new feature you posted but everything looks great and I am eager to start beta-testing.

I needed a way to force a single selection via the listbox but still give folks the ability to see long descriptions for EVERY choice in the listbox.

Please see this page/form (http://swiftcreekbaptist.org/Ministries/Adult/Womens/Funshops/Funshops_Registration.htm) for what I came up with, using modal windows.

Scroll down to where it says "CHOOSE ANY 6-FUNSHOPS IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE". If you click on "FunShops Choice #1 - Click here to view descriptions *", it brings up a modal window with the long descriptions for each item they can choose from.

Your thoughts?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Sorry I had to split out your post from the main thread (the original thread was meant for announcements).

Anyway, I've checked into your page and I see that you opened a popup window for the description.
    Just an idea, it might be better and less intrusive if you could use lightbox window instead and put the lightbox right above the dropdown position.

So that the users won't need to close the window and click the link again to see the description for other items. This would require some amount of javascript though.

Another alternative is simply by providing a link to a page with the description for all those items. You can put some kind of table of contents at the top of the page, so that the user could click and go to the correct description.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. zforray

I was wondering where my post went.

I meant this as a suggestion for a feature in v3, if it is not already there. I have seen some web pages that when moving your mouse over a question-mark/field/highlighted-text brings up a floating window with text/descriptions. I was thinking that something like that for each listbox item would do what I need to do, if this is at all possible. Or at least an extended "tooltip" for the listbox.

I am not a javascript programmer so I have no idea where to start on such an endeavor.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic