This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] reinstalling machform

1. stewardondi

hello I have machforms on my website and I need to move the folder from my root directory so it stops conflicting with my index.html file. I've deleted the database to start afresh and created a new folder and put the folder in that directory. I changed what I needed to in the config.php file and uploaded all the files to the directory. When I run the installer I get this coding, can you tell me what I am doing wrong: PHP Version >= 4.3.0
    X MySQL Version >= 4.1.0
    X Correct User and Password for MySQL
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)
    X Establishing a Connection to Database [YOUR_DB_ NAME]
    Unable to connect to MySQL
    (check)Writable Data Folder [./data]

I called godaddy and they changed the language form 5 to 4. php and it still doesnt work. Thanks for your help

Steward

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. stewardondi

At the top I also got this warning:

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/o/n/l/onlineform/html/installer.php on line 120

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/o/n/l/onlineform/html/installer.php on line 120

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. walags

double check config file and verify database info is correct.

/** MySQL settings **/
    define('DB_NAME', 'xxxxx');
    define('DB_USER', 'xxxxx');
    define('DB_PASSWORD', 'xxxxx');
    define('DB_HOST', 'xxxxx');

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. stewardondi

thanks i dont know what I was thinking lol. I was up at 4 in the morning trying to figure this out.

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.