This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Remove/Hide Payment Menu

1. azimd

Hello,

In Form Manager, I can see several menu in each form like "Entries", "Edit", "Theme", "Email", "Code", "Payment" etc. I would like to know how to remove/hide "Payment" menu.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. azimd

* bump *

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. erzon

why do you want to hide the payment menu in the first place?

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. azimd

Because this form will be use by our students, and we don't want our student use this form to sell anything.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

A quick work-around I found seems to work - you can simply comment-out the link for "Payments" with an HTML comment.

Around line 463 in manage_forms.php, comment out (with HTML comments) the line linking to "payment_settings.php", like so:

<!--<a class="mf_link_payment" href="payment_settings.php?id=<?php echo $form_id; ?>">Payment</a>-->

The above will make "Payments" not available to anyone (including Full Admins) as code within HTML comments is ignored by the browser, and not displayed.

You could probably do it by PHP coding, with a query based on the form ID and only disabling "Payments" for particular forms, or even for particular users when they've logged in, but the above is a basic way to get it done.

----------------------------------------------------------

[enhancement suggestion]
    Perhaps the user permission feature can be expanded on what is already in place and define these permissions with user levels, similar idea to Joomla, Wordpress etc which therefore gives certain features to certain user levels.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. azimd

Hi AMurray,

Yes it works, but this will make Payment Menu not available to everyone and not to specific user only.

Like you said, I'm also hope that MachForm will expand its access control (permissions) feature like who gets to view, select, create, edit, delete, change the state, manage, and administer in MachForm.

BTW, MachForm already have a great forum & great support!

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. williamansley

I also would like to see Machform make the permissions we can assign to different users more granular. I would like to be able to give some of my users the ability to manually activate and deactivate forms and/or schedule the activation and deactivation of forms without giving them the ability to edit those forms. And being able to turn off the payment tab for some users would be useful as well.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic