This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Removing all CSS styling

1. lroe

Hello!

To set the styling of the forms, we've been removing all of the embedded style for many of them and then using the CSS on the page to change the way the form displays. In v2, we could remove that css information from the admin panel. Now it seems like my only option is to add extra css on top of a form theme that's been created. Am I missing something?

Thank you,

Lucas

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. avaloncourt

I want to know about this as well. With v2.x we had a specific use for the forms in a mobile environment. It was critical that was were able to fully control the css. It now appears that the full css can't be accessed at all. This rendered Machform completely useless for us. I had to revert a first test version upgrade back to v2 to get on with our work. I can say I'm not very happy about the things that appear to be lost in this version.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Hi Guys,

Ok, to clarify, you still have full 100% control over the CSS similar as v2.
    However, this time we made it a little bit "hidden", because most people find it difficult to manually adjust the CSS (at least based on the support tickets we received so far).

For you guys advanced users, there are 2 ways to control the CSS:

1) If you are using a theme, you can override any previous style by adding code into the "Advanced" section of your theme.

2) If you are not using a custom theme or using the default theme (white), you can edit the "view.css" file directly. The file is located under the same folder as v2, which is under "data/form_x/css" folder.

So if you would like to achieve the same thing as v2, set your form to use the default theme (white) and edit the content of view.css under each of your form's css folder.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. lroe

Thank you for replying Yuniar, as well as you Avaloncourt. The main impetus for us is mobile styling as well.

Is it possible for us to set up a theme that has no css style in it? We have numerous forms that we manage (120+). Having to go into the server to make changes (Especially since it backs up to a second server), sounds a lot more arduous than the simple front end change.

Thank you!

-Lucas

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Do you mean you would like to remove the CSS from all of your form? If this is correct, there is one easy way to do this.
    You can simply edit the "view-functions.php" file, go to "display_form()" function and remove the reference to the CSS file there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. lroe

There are some times that I would like to have built in css, so I don't know if I want to fully remove it for every form. However, I would like to have the option to not have css with a form, hopefully in the front end.

Am I going to have to do a * style rule and just overwrite all of the elements?

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. avaloncourt

I wanted to jump back in here to say that we're back on track again with v3. Thank you, yuniar. It was nice to see new options for the captcha. Oddly enough, the middle choice wouldn't appear. It showed as a broken image. I just went with the text challenge. One of the things we develop is webapps for the medical industry and Machform gave us much more flexibility and a lot less headache than hand coding forms.

Just so you know, I followed the instructions for upgrading this installation back to v3. I copied the files with the exception of the data directory, edited the config and ran the upgrade script. While the data directory was intact from the original installation, the upgrade changed the css we had in place. It wasn't a huge issue. I just changed it back but I wasn't expecting it to alter things since that directory wasn't copied. I guess I don't see the reason for leaving the data directory in place if it's just going to change it anyhow. Perhaps for the files directory.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. dankimball

Hi.

I am trying to add new forms using my old css style that were preserved in "my themes" area from already created forms. When I try to edit them however and save as a new theme, the changes don't take. I get the highlight color starting as what I assigned, then reverting back to the old color in about a second. The "guidelines text" font wont change size either. I put it on max with no change. I cut and pasted the old css into the advanced area but the color issue remained. I tried different browers and cleared the cache. I tried to create a new theme and had no control over the color issue there either.

Any suggestions?

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. yuniar

Hi Dan,

Can you contact us directly and let us know the login to your machform admin panel please?
    We'll check it.

It seems there is something wrong there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. TimHines

I'm a little confused.

I have created a custom theme so all of my forms look similiar.

however, I want to edit the CSS so I can get some fields to line up on the same row. I want to do this on ONE specific form, not all of them.

if I create a duplicte theme (let's call it CSS Editable them), how would I go about editing the CSS for just that one them?

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. yuniar

You can edit the CSS by clicking the "Advanced" menu from the top right dropdown on the theme editor. This would affect all forms which uses that particular theme.

If you need to apply specific CSS code for one form, simply duplicate that theme, edit the CSS and then apply the theme to your form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic