This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

removing # from email subject

1. kenny

living in uk I prefer to display 'No.' instead of '#' and have changed my files to suit. However when I send emails from view entries the email subject line is still in format 'form name [# 'entry_id']'.
    I've checked everywhere but cant find the bit of code that inserts # into subject line

anyone help

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Steve1951

Go to the Notifications section and in the Send Notification Emails to My Inbox area change the Email Subject from "{form_name} [#{entry_no}]" to "{form_name} [No. {entry_no}]". This has been tested in version 4.1.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. williamansley

@Steve1951: You are not reading the request kenny posted carefully enough. He wants to remove the '#' from the emails generated when he sends an email out to someone from the "View Entries" screen in the Machform administrative interface. As far as I can see, there is no template for this email; presumably the format it uses is hard wired into the Machform code. It would be a useful new feature if a template to control the format of this email was added to Machform. (Yuniar, if you read this, please consider adding this to your to do list.)

@kenny: I suggest you contact Appnitro directly if you want an answer to this sooner, rather than later.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Steve1951

@williamansley - I understood the question perfectly. I made the change, viewed an entry, clicked on Email and then checked the resultant email received. Before the change the subject was Test of subject [#42] and after the change the subject was Test of subject [No. 43]. That's why I noted it was tested using version 4.1 as it may not function the same in another version. Did you test it and not get the same results?

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. kenny

Thanks guys

steve
    created a new form didn't even turn Notification Emails on and sent an email from view entries page in admin area and email came through as
    subject No.5, so my changing the # to No. in various places worked but for some reason it will only pick up changes on forms created after I changed the code. all my other forms still show # even if I duplicate them so there must be something in the code or database that's doing this.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Steve1951

Kenny - You may already be aware of this but you don't need to change any PHP code. All you need to do is change the Email Subject in the Notification Settings in the Send Notification Emails to My Inbox area. You don't even need to enable Send Notification Emails to My Inbox. After editing the subject and saving you can go back and disable Send Notification Emails to My Inbox. I tested this with a new form and with forms created two years ago. Keep in mind you need to make this change for every form that exists. There is no global setting for all forms. What version of MachForm are you using?

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. kenny

Hi steve
    yes I did know that but I wanted to remove every # that is displayed in software with No., wasn't so hard to do.

Still trying to work out why my old forms don't pick up the changes, got a complex form that I really don't want to have to construct again.

kenny

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. williamansley

@Steve1951: You have my apologies. I made an assumption without proper testing and I certainly made as ass of me. The notification subject line does control the email sent from the "View Entries" screen in version 4.0 as well.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic