This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Reorder Checkbox items

1. vickiwatson

Is there a way to reorder checkbox items? A drag and drop would be nice - or even a numbering scheme or up/down arrows to move them.

I have a form with a lot of checkboxes and if I need to insert a new item into any of the groups, the only way I see to get it in the right place is to delete all items in the group and re-add them?

Am I missing something?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

No,there's no sorting as such.

You can insert new items between other items, using the green plus (+) icon adds a new option between the existing items rather than simply at the bottom of the list. (note, the red minus (-) icon will delete the particular option from the list)

Secondarily if you want to add new items quickly, the way to do that is the bulk-insert, but that won't really assist with the ordering you ask about, only with entering new items in quicker fashion than one at a time.

The bulk-insert for example allows you to type the whole list at once, (or even copy and paste from an external file e.g. a simple txt file), the choices for the field.

I'm not sure about the deleting and adding the list over and over every time you add new options because, it is likely the form already has data submitted, and deleting those check box options may cause the data to be deleted (or at least the system will warn you that you have existing data associated with those options).

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic