This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Request - Guest Access for Entries

1. smorelli

For those with professional or unlimited license, it would be nice to have a guest access to the data entries section. A login that we can give our customers to view all the entries for their form, much the same way the admin can view, without being able to see information for any other forms.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

This is possible already since v3.3. Simply add a user and set the "View Entries" permission for the form you would like him to
    see.

More info here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/doc-user-management

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. ivycreekelementary

I think smorelli had something more specific in mind (something I'm sincerely interested in, too, as well as others based on some of the other posts I've read through): that a guest-type user would have a login and/or link that they could use to view only specifically their form entries (i.e., those associated with a particular email address or other user-filled-out field on a particular form).

For example, I'd like the staff at my location to be able to submit leave entries (where they have to, among other things, provide their employee ID number and email address) and then be able to have either a login or link to use to be able to view (but not necessarily edit, though that option may come in handy) ONLY their own entries/form submissions. Using the multi-user functionality of MachForm 3.3, I already have a secondary user used by office staff so they can go in and see/edit leave entries that have been submitted, but that login sees ALL entries for that form. Again, on the contrary, for the end user the login would only be able to see their own entries (say, the ones that are tied to their employee ID number or email address).

The author of the below message post seems to be looking for something very similar. Perhaps this is something you could indeed look into adding to MachForm in a future release?

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/email-link-for-users-to-amend-entry-after-completion?replies=2

Thank you!

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Newby

Yuniar, It would be great if there was another check box next to "View Entries" that said "View User Entries Only." Then, when the user logs in he/she is only able to see their entry info. If this is something that would be possible in the near future, I would appreciate hearing about it.

This would open up the possibilities of MachForm to a whole new level! Not only would it be a form builder with an online admin database, but it could also become a user database for companies. Thus meaning alot more $ales of the MachForm program.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. DaveVoss

Yes! No other form programs can do it. You'd be top on the list of Form generators, I'm sure.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Winao

Any update on this? thanks

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic