This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Required Logic

1. ohkanada

One of the forms I am using this software is for members of our curling club to sign up to play in a league. After they sign-up, email goes to them and they are able to use a link in that email to pay for the league fee. Not everyone pays on-line and payment is not due at sign-up so that is why the sign-up and payment are done separately. Now this works great, but what I would like to do is after 48 people have signed up for the League, I would like all future sign-ups know they are only on a waiting list and I don't want to send them the payment link.

The plan right now is to manually change the notification message once I see 48 people have signed up.

Any automated way to do that with this program?

Thanks,
    Ken

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I don't think that's possible right now specifically, but a suggestion as below:

Under Form Properties, there is an option "Limit Submission" where you define the number of entries after which the form is change to disabled mode. You can customise the message e.g. "Membership registration is currently closed due to all places being filled" and so no further sign-ups are able to be done. Not exactly what you want, but 50% of the way there.

Currently the conditional logic for email rules doesn't 'test' for the number of database entries so you can't for example, set a 'maximum' number of entries (48) and then have the system send the specific email for member #49 and above.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. ohkanada

Thanks, I had not noticed that option.

Do you know of any way to modify the message that is displayed when we reach the limit? Right now it says:

"Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting any entries."

If I could modify that message to redirect to another form that would be great.

Ken

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

Have a look at this : http://www.appnitro.com/blog-several-improvements-v35 Towards the bottom of that article is the "Inactive Form" message.

What you could do is:

1) Copy/Duplicate the actual form, and make the copy a "test" for this ; in Form Manager list, click the "Disable" button for that form

2) You get a popup window with the Custom Message that you can change and I assume you can add HTML there such as a hyperlink like Click here to register interest in the team which goes to another form for people to sign up their interest.

3) Click "Yes Disable this form"

4) Return to the form manager, but then click "Enable" so the form is back, active.

5) Edit the form, and put a restricted number of entries to say 2, and then view the form to test it - it should accept two entries, but on the third submission, should bring up the custom message, with the link directing user to the other form.

6) Set up your actual live form in the same way, but with the 48 entries as the restricted number, so on entry 49+, it will show inactive, and hopefully show the link to go to the other form for the "waiting list".

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Panort

Thanks Amurray. I did as instructed and it worked perfectly. We are setting up a form for a class with a limited number of registrations and wanted a way for them to go to a wait list form when the limit was reached. I added the message about class being full and added the hyperlink to the other wait list form.
    Thanks

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic