This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

save for later

1. errole

Hello is there a way for it to be yourwebsite.com/forms/weddinglist.php where they can save for later instead of clients getting the link yourwebsite.com/machforms/............

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. DaveVoss

Sure just install the files in a folder named "forms" rather than into one name "machforms". That's how miine is.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. errole

I did and it links to machform

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

I think Dave Voss's answer may be somewhat correct but to add another perspective to this, I think the OP is actually asking to call the "view.php" file by another name, e.g. weddingslist.php.

Since the forms created with Machform are essentially stored in a database and don't physically exist in a page until the script is run, I don't think you can rename each form's page to its own name (?).

The way Machform works is that you embed the code into page which then loads the form when you browse that page. To the end user it would be invisible, e.g. they may load a page called "weddingslist.php" but behind the scenes the URL for the machform form is still 'http://www.anotherwebsite.com/machform/view.php?id=X'.

See the user guide for embedding the code, http://www.appnitro.com/doc-form-code. It sounds like you're directly linking to the form, and not using the embed code (That's just an assumption on my part).

The other thing to check is if the URL is wrong for those saving the form to resume later, check under Settings, Miscellaneous Settings, (then click the "advanced setting link) and check the "Machform URL" option - this references the Machform admin panel, but I think that needs to be changed for the whole application to work correctly including features like the Resume Later.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic